This is the number one question I get after scheduling a session. I understand this can be hard to figure out and i'm here to help!
When you start to pick outfits out, I suggest that you start with yourself(mom, wife, hardest to dress individual). Then you can work your way from there. Whether you want to buy new clothes, or wear that dress/outfit you love, its a good place to start. Though you do not have to start with that outfit. Just pick an item of clothing that you wish you use. You can pull your colors and textures from that starter piece. Another great thing to take into consideration is the season. Pull colors from the season that we are in
- Comfort: keep in mind the temperature when choosing clothes. You don't want to get overheated in layers on a hot summer night. You also might not opt for your stilettos if your session is in a field.
- Accessorize it: Hats, scarves, jewelry, blankets, headbands, suspenders. etc. All these things are really great way to add another layer of your style.
- Textures & layers: layers add texture and texture add interest. Denim, chunky knits, lace, cords, etc.I love the way a chunky cardigan looks!
- Color: Make sure that the colors you choose, compliment each other. Colors that Stand our the best are muted, earthy tones. Some examples are: mustard yellow, mauve pink, browns, or khaki, dark blue, hunter green, dark red or oranges.
- MAKE IT YOUR OWN: with everything I can suggest it is important to make sure who you and your family are shines through in every aspect!
- Giant logos/characters: shirts that have giant logos or characters on them can be very distracting from the rest of the image!
- Neon Colors: hot pink, lime green, along those lines. Just stay away they can make an awful cast of color onto your skin and the ones around you.
- Matching: Matching outfits can be super cute, I know, however they can also seem very redundant and dare I say boring. Having different colors, patterns, textures, etc is super important to create interest and diversity in your images.
My main goal is to photograph you in this season of your life. I not only capture poses, but I want to capture moments. At our session I will help direct each of you, I will help you get into poses that best fit your session. From there we will have fun. I will give you prompts to do that help relax you and get you into a "pose" without forcing it! I want your photos to be you, to show your love and connections!
Things to remember during your session
Have fun! This is so important that you and your kids enjoy this experience because it will show up in your photos if someone just isn't having it. Relax and love on your family
Always touching: be sure that your always touching someone. Whether it's a hug or snuggle, or just a tender hand on the shoulder. Make contact with your family. This shows connections and love.
Don't stress: if your kids are nervous or acting a little wild, that's totally ok! I embrace children in every aspect of themselves. Though we want or posed photos, we also want to show you in this season of life. Picking up your child to cuddle and kiss them, tickling your child to start laugher, and just being in the moment with them is the most important!
Okay, you're in the car driving after your session. Excited to see how they turned out! Now you have to wait... longest wait ever right? Well, within 1 day you'll have a sneak peek! After 8 days, You'll have your online gallery! (time can vary with season) I try and keep your excitement going. With doing your session one day, get a sneak the next, and the gallery the following!
Your images will be delivered in an online gallery. From this gallery you will be able to download to your phone (web sized images) and to your computer (high resolution images).
In this client area is your print release, if you need it!
If you need help downloading please reach out to me. You don't have to screen shot them to share them!! Actually please don't do this, each time the quality get worse.
Your gallery will be active for 30 days. After that it will be archived. If you need your images after that point please reach out and I can get you another gallery set up.
Thats it!! woohoo!